YOUR LOGO HERE
click to find out how!
Would you like to see your logo here? Click here to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
October 18, 2015
Every race has a cause. No race has EVERY cause…until NOW.
The Cause + Event Race Series is unlike any other race series of its kind. The runner (or walker) chooses their their favorite registered 501(c)3 nonprofit and their cause will receive at least half of the racer’s registration.
Learn more about Cause+Event.
$35 – with a minimum of $15 going to the non-profit of your choice. Includes race shirt and participation medal!
Our race will start and finish at Bethany Village located at the intersection of Bethany Boulevard and Laidlaw.
We will offer a 5K walk and 5K and 10K run throughout the Bethany area, mostly on THPRD's beautiful community path system.
Remember, we will cap our registrations at 1,000 runners, so register today to guarantee your spot. Team captains vying for largest team... get those registrations in! We are dog friendly, kid friendly, stroller friendly, and our new course is wheelchair friendly! Family fun for ALL!
REGISTER TODAY! Here are the events to choose from:
5K Walk - $35 ($15 to the cause of your choice)
5K/10K Run - $35 ($15 to the cause of your choice)
Free Kids Fun Run - Tot Trot and 1K
All pricing for each event (except the FREE kid's Fun Run) INCLUDES the donation, t-shirt, finisher's medal, and chip timing. Our sponsors have all kinds of amazing goodies to share with you on race day.
DEADLINES: Register today, and you won't need to worry about these!
August 31 - Team Bonus Donation Contest ends
September 14th - Last day to get your name on the one of a kind race shirt/guarantee shirt size
September 18th - Last day to get your race bib personalized with name
October 11th - Online registration closes at midnight, if race isn't already SOLD OUT.
VIRTUAL RUN: If other runners you know, are not in the Portland area on October 18th, or are committed to another race that same day, they can still race for their cause, and on your team, through our Virtual Run: Virtual Run - $40 (any distance, any location, $15 to the cause of your choice) shirt, bib and medal will be mailed to you.
VOLUNTEERS: Our Registration is now LIVE and you can start recruiting your volunteers! The first 5 non-profits to provide us with 5 or more volunteers will get a FREE Expo Booth Space at our Race Day Expo. Volunteer Registration
CHILD CARE: Don't want to push the double jogger along the rolling hills of Bethany? Don't forget, Cause + Event Portland partners with Sweet Peas KidZone to provide on-site childcare, complete with a pancake breakfast, arts and crafts, and a fun time, supervised by professionals. Cheer your kids on for the Fun Run, and then drop them off at Sweet Peas, while you race your 5K or 10K. Reserve your spot today: Child Care Sign Up
We recommend you pick your bib up prior to race day at one of our TWO Packet Pick up locations, listed below. On race day, bib pick-up ends at 8:30am. Be sure to leave enough time to park and walk to Bethany Village Center in order to get your bib on time.
Friday, October 16
4:00 - 7:00 pm
18085 NW Evergreen Pkwy
Hillsboro, OR 97006
Saturday, October 17
13306 NW Cornell Road
Portland, OR 97229
Sunday, October 18
Race Start/Finish Area
4720 NW Bethany Blvd
Portland, OR 97229
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Race Day Schedule
7:30am: Expo opens/ Bib Pick-Up
7:30-8:30am: Kids Fun Run Bib Pick-Up
8:30am: Kids Fun Run
8:50am: 10K Line Up (there will be pace signs, please line up accordingly)
9:00am: 10K Start
9:10am: 5K walk start
7:30:00 – 11:30am: Race Expo
• We will start the race promptly at 9:00 am on Sunday, October 18 at Bethany Village Center, on Central Drive.
• The race is chip timed so you will get your official race time regardless of when you cross the starting line.
• Runners and walkers should seed themselves based on their approximate pace.
• There will be one water stop on the 5K course, and 3 water stops on the 10K course.
• Portable restrooms will be available for all runners near the start/finish line, and along
The Course –
Parking - view parking map
Please follow our Parking Attendant Volunteers and signage to direct you to the parking garages located just behind Bethany Village. DO NOT park in the space reserved for Dorenbecher. Street parking also available all along NW 153rd Terrace, as well as the lots for Central Bethany Development. Please do not park in the QFC parking lot, as that is reserved for customers of the local businesses.
• Come to the race expo to meet some of the non-profits chosen by our 5K runners and to thank our local business sponsors for supporting the race!
• Receive your Cause + Event Boston 5K medal!
• Dance to the amazing Hit Machine!
• Over 21 (please bring your ID) can enjoy the Beer Garden provided by Bethany Public House.
• We will have food and drinks and hope you stick around to enjoy the post-race festivities!
• Many awesome vendor booths to check out and shop. We will post a complete list of our Expo Vendors closer to race day.
• The first 5 Non-Profits to register 5 or more volunteers and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org will receive a FREE Race Expo Booth.
For our Spectators
• Spectators can watch the race at any other point along the course. Many wonderful parks and playgrounds to park at and cheer on our runners/walkers. Our course winds through the Pirate Park, and the 10K will pass John Marty Park twice. We will need more COWBELL!
• Encourage them to stop by the sign table at the race expo to make a sign to cheer you on.
For the Kids
We will be offering a variety of outdoor activities for our youngest spectators at the expo, starting at 8am! Stay tuned to the website and our Facebook page for more information closer to race day!
Be a part of this amazing event. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
We have many ways to get nonprofits involved in our event. Would you like to raise money for your organization? Field a team or five or more runners and be the first to register and ensure your spot in the race. We’ll donate a set amount back to your cause for each runner that selects you.
There’s a bonus $250 donation to the largest team on race day.
Please check back for more event details! If you would like to be involved in planning this local event, email email@example.com and let us know!