REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER!
THANK YOU to our sponsors, volunteers, runners, race committee, vendors and causes participating in our 2015 event!
We had an amazing time with you all and hope you did too! We will post fundraising totals as soon as we can. In the meantime, you can bask in your own glory! Click the links below to see your race results from Nomadz Racing and our finish line photos, courtesy of Charles Chu Photography!
Click here to view the over 120 causes we supported through our 2015 Portland Race and how much we gave.
October 18, 2015
Every race has a cause. No race has EVERY cause…until NOW.
The Cause + Event Race Series is unlike any other race series of its kind. The runner (or walker) chooses their their favorite registered 501(c)3 nonprofit and their cause will receive at least half of the racer’s registration.
Learn more about Cause+Event.
Race Bib Numbers:
On behalf of our Amazing Race Committee, we want to thank you all so much for the tremendous support. The race is completely sold out, over a MONTH in advance. We can no longer register anyone for the 5K, 10K, Virtual or the kids fun run. There will be no race-day registration. Please join us for our race expo and enjoy cheering on our participants, we'd love to see you!
Our race will start and finish at Bethany Village located at the intersection of Bethany Boulevard and Laidlaw.
VIRTUAL RUN: Virtual Run packets will be mailed as soon as shirts, bibs and medals are ready and delivered to our team.
VOLUNTEERS: Our Registration is now LIVE and you can start recruiting your volunteers! The first 5 non-profits to provide us with 5 or more volunteers will get a FREE Expo Booth Space at our Race Day Expo. Volunteer Registration
CHILD CARE: Don't want to push the double jogger along the rolling hills of Bethany? Don't forget, Cause + Event Portland partners with Sweet Peas KidZone to provide on-site childcare, complete with a pancake breakfast, arts and crafts, and a fun time, supervised by professionals. Cheer your kids on for the Fun Run, and then drop them off at Sweet Peas, while you race your 5K or 10K. Reserve your spot today: Child Care Sign Up
We recommend you pick your bib up prior to race day at one of our TWO Packet Pick up locations, listed below. On race day, bib pick-up ends at 8:30am. Be sure to leave enough time to park and walk to Bethany Village Center in order to get your bib on time.
Friday, October 16
4:00 - 7:00 pm
18085 NW Evergreen Pkwy
Hillsboro, OR 97006
Saturday, October 17
10:00 am-2:00 pm
13306 NW Cornell Road
Portland, OR 97229
Sunday, October 18
Race Start/Finish Area
4720 NW Bethany Blvd
Portland, OR 97229
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Race Day Schedule
7:30am: Expo opens/ Bib Pick-Up
7:30-8:30am: Kids Fun Run Bib Pick-Up
8:30am: Kids Fun Run
8:50am: 10K Line Up (there will be pace signs, please line up accordingly)
9:00am: 10K Start
9:05am: 5K Run Start
9:10am: 5K walk start
7:30:00 – 11:30am: Race Expo
• We will start the race promptly at 9:00 am on Sunday, October 18 at Bethany Village Center, on Central Drive.
• The race is chip timed so you will get your official race time regardless of when you cross the starting line.
• Runners and walkers should seed themselves based on their approximate pace.
• There will be one water stop on the 5K course, and 3 water stops on the 10K course.
• Portable restrooms will be available for all runners near the start/finish line, and along
The Course –
Parking - view parking map
Please follow our Parking Attendant Volunteers and signage to direct you to the parking garages located just behind Bethany Village. DO NOT park in the space reserved for Dorenbecher. Street parking also available all along NW 153rd Terrace, as well as the lots for Central Bethany Development. Please do not park in the QFC parking lot, as that is reserved for customers of the local businesses.
• Come to the race expo to meet some of the non-profits chosen by our 5K runners and to thank our local business sponsors for supporting the race!
• Receive your Cause + Event Portland race medal!
• Dance to the amazing Hit Machine!
• Over 21 (please bring your ID) can enjoy the Beer Garden provided by Bethany Public House.
• We will have food and drinks and hope you stick around to enjoy the post-race festivities!
• Many awesome vendor booths to check out and shop. We will post a complete list of our Expo Vendors closer to race day.
• The first 5 Non-Profits to register 5 or more volunteers and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org will receive a FREE Race Expo Booth.
For our Spectators
• Spectators can watch the race at any other point along the course. Many wonderful parks and playgrounds to park at and cheer on our runners/walkers. Our course winds through the Pirate Park, and the 10K will pass John Marty Park twice. We will need more COWBELL!
• Encourage them to stop by the sign table at the race expo to make a sign to cheer you on.
For the Kids
We will be offering a variety of outdoor activities for our youngest spectators at the expo, starting at 8am! Stay tuned to the website and our Facebook page for more information closer to race day!
Be a part of this amazing event. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
We have many ways to get nonprofits involved in our event. Our race has sold out but you can still raise money for your cause or have a booth at our expo. Email us for more information at email@example.com!
Would you like to see your logo here? Click here to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.