REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER!
October 18, 2015
Every race has a cause. No race has EVERY cause…until NOW.
The Cause + Event Race Series is unlike any other race series of its kind. The runner (or walker) chooses their their favorite registered 501(c)3 nonprofit and their cause will receive at least half of the racer’s registration.
Learn more about Cause+Event.
SPECIAL EVENTS for Cause + Event Participants!
Shopping Night at Foot Traffic West!
Sunday, October 11th, 3-5pm
13306 NW Cornell Road, Portland, OR 97229
Join our Race Committee, Team Captains, and Participants as we mingle and shop the newly opened Foot Traffic West. We are so proud to have them as a partner at this year's event, and very excited to have a Local Running and Walking Store on our side of town.
-10% Discount on Regular Priced Items
-Special gifts for Team Captains, to honor the tremendous work you did recruiting for your teams and causes.
-Raffle tickets (one for showing up, and an extra if you spend $50 or more) for great prizes!
-Light Snacks and Beverages
Mark your calendars, and tell your teammates! Check our FB page for more details as we get closer to the Shopping Night.
RSVP HERE (not necessary, but helps with planning)
(Lunch and ) Dinner Night Out at Bethany Public House!
Tuesday, October 13th, 11:30am-9pm
Bring your team together before race day, or just use this as a great excuse to start carbo-loading without the mess in your own kitchen! Bethany Public House, our neighborhood Brew Pub AND Finish Line Beer Garden, is generously giving 15% of food AND drink totals this day (Take Out orders count too!!!) back to the Cause + Event Foundation. These proceeds help us provide YOU with the most amazing race day experience. Just click on the logo below for the Flyer and present it to your server. We will have flyers available at the Foot Traffic Event on Oct.11th for you to take as well. Team Captains, Bethany Public House provides a great opportunity for you to raise money for your Cause by hosting your own Dinner Night Out. Contact Tina Griffin for details.
RSVP HERE (not necessary, but helps with planning)
On behalf of our Amazing Race Committee, we want to thank you all so much for the tremendous support. The race is completely sold out, over a MONTH in advance. We can no longer register anyone for the 5K, 10K, Virtual or the kids fun run. There will be no race-day registration.
Cause + Event will hold true to it's values of being Small, Affordable, Local, and FUN. We can't do that if we over-crowd our amazing venue of Bethany Village, and the beautiful THPRD paths.
We will respect the participants that are registered, and give them an enjoyable, well planned and executed race experience.
We are a 100% Volunteer run, Non-Profit race series. It's our goal to raise money and awareness for Non-Profits, and put on an EXCELLENT race.
We are still accepting Volunteer Registrations, and would love to have your help on Race Day!
Click here to visit our volunteer registration page.
We look forward to seeing you on October 18th!
Check your registration*:
*Note: Rosters only show if the runner is part of a team, we are not showing the cause they are running for on this form. Please email email@example.com with any changes NO LATER than Thursday September 17 at 10PM PST.
Our race will start and finish at Bethany Village located at the intersection of Bethany Boulevard and Laidlaw.
VIRTUAL RUN: Virtual Run packets will be mailed as soon as shirts, bibs and medals are ready and delivered to our team.
VOLUNTEERS: Our Registration is now LIVE and you can start recruiting your volunteers! The first 5 non-profits to provide us with 5 or more volunteers will get a FREE Expo Booth Space at our Race Day Expo. Volunteer Registration
CHILD CARE: Don't want to push the double jogger along the rolling hills of Bethany? Don't forget, Cause + Event Portland partners with Sweet Peas KidZone to provide on-site childcare, complete with a pancake breakfast, arts and crafts, and a fun time, supervised by professionals. Cheer your kids on for the Fun Run, and then drop them off at Sweet Peas, while you race your 5K or 10K. Reserve your spot today: Child Care Sign Up
We recommend you pick your bib up prior to race day at one of our TWO Packet Pick up locations, listed below. On race day, bib pick-up ends at 8:30am. Be sure to leave enough time to park and walk to Bethany Village Center in order to get your bib on time.
Friday, October 16
4:00 - 7:00 pm
18085 NW Evergreen Pkwy
Hillsboro, OR 97006
Saturday, October 17
10:00 am-2:00 pm
13306 NW Cornell Road
Portland, OR 97229
Sunday, October 18
Race Start/Finish Area
4720 NW Bethany Blvd
Portland, OR 97229
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Race Day Schedule
7:30am: Expo opens/ Bib Pick-Up
7:30-8:30am: Kids Fun Run Bib Pick-Up
8:30am: Kids Fun Run
8:50am: 10K Line Up (there will be pace signs, please line up accordingly)
9:00am: 10K Start
9:10am: 5K walk start
7:30:00 – 11:30am: Race Expo
• We will start the race promptly at 9:00 am on Sunday, October 18 at Bethany Village Center, on Central Drive.
• The race is chip timed so you will get your official race time regardless of when you cross the starting line.
• Runners and walkers should seed themselves based on their approximate pace.
• There will be one water stop on the 5K course, and 3 water stops on the 10K course.
• Portable restrooms will be available for all runners near the start/finish line, and along
The Course –
Parking - view parking map
Please follow our Parking Attendant Volunteers and signage to direct you to the parking garages located just behind Bethany Village. DO NOT park in the space reserved for Dorenbecher. Street parking also available all along NW 153rd Terrace, as well as the lots for Central Bethany Development. Please do not park in the QFC parking lot, as that is reserved for customers of the local businesses.
• Come to the race expo to meet some of the non-profits chosen by our 5K runners and to thank our local business sponsors for supporting the race!
• Receive your Cause + Event Portland race medal!
• Dance to the amazing Hit Machine!
• Over 21 (please bring your ID) can enjoy the Beer Garden provided by Bethany Public House.
• We will have food and drinks and hope you stick around to enjoy the post-race festivities!
• Many awesome vendor booths to check out and shop. We will post a complete list of our Expo Vendors closer to race day.
• The first 5 Non-Profits to register 5 or more volunteers and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org will receive a FREE Race Expo Booth.
For our Spectators
• Spectators can watch the race at any other point along the course. Many wonderful parks and playgrounds to park at and cheer on our runners/walkers. Our course winds through the Pirate Park, and the 10K will pass John Marty Park twice. We will need more COWBELL!
• Encourage them to stop by the sign table at the race expo to make a sign to cheer you on.
For the Kids
We will be offering a variety of outdoor activities for our youngest spectators at the expo, starting at 8am! Stay tuned to the website and our Facebook page for more information closer to race day!
Be a part of this amazing event. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
We have many ways to get nonprofits involved in our event. Our race has sold out but you can still raise money for your cause or have a booth at our expo. Email us for more information at email@example.com!
Would you like to see your logo here? Click here to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.